APX is Europe’s leading earliest-stage VC. We are looking for an Investment Manager with 2+ years of experience in Venture Capital. Starting date: as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin and working remote-first, APX invests across industries in the best founding teams building digital startups – often as their first investor. In addition to our financial investment of up to EUR 500,000, we provide startups with individual venture development support to build traction and secure follow-on financing. Since 2018, we have built a portfolio of 120+ companies with founders from 20+ countries together with hundreds of co-investors.
About your role
Joining APX and shaping our growth story, you will further develop your investor profile as part of a group of ambitious team players from across the world. In your role, you will have the autonomy to own and execute the whole investment cycle from start (origination) to finish (deal closing and portfolio management). This expansive exposure will accelerate your holistic development as a VC investor across Europe.
What you’ll be working on
Your main scope of work will be to find and invest in great teams, and to help them especially going from pre-seed to seed. You will join the entire journey of a portfolio startup: from selection through several financing rounds until the exit.
Tasks include: Sourcing new investment opportunities, building investment conviction, executing investment rounds from Pre-Seed to Series A and beyond, growing and extending the APX investor network. You will be working with our founders throughout their fundraising and growth, including exits.
Who we’re looking for
We encourage smart, fast learners to apply that have excelled in academia and/or in their first jobs. We expect you to have gained 2+ years of experience as a VC investor.
Your personality, skills, and toolbox:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to self-reflect, continuously challenge and improve methods, and implement effective learning loops
- A positive, open-minded, curious, and hands-on mentality
- A structured way of working and navigating smartly through projects and processes in a dynamic environment
- Self-reflective and able to continuously challenge and improve methods and implement effective learning loops
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English (and any additional EU language is beneficial)
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing startups and deal-making
- An exciting network in the investor and/or founder community (any non-DACH network is particularly relevant)
- A dear interest in the earliest-stage, investing 50k, 100k, 250k, or 500k EUR tickets.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
What we offer
- Exploit substantial creative freedom to carry out smart ideas
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues
- Work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location or remotely
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology
- Build and engage with a comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, mentors, and experts
- A competitive package including carry
Join us on our mission to be the first investor in the European tech decacorns of the 2020s as Europe’s most active earliest-stage VC.
Send us your application via email at email@example.com and make sure to include:
1) A few sentences on why you’d like to work at APX in this role
2) Your CV
3) The earliest date on which you can join
We look forward to hearing from you!