APX is Europe’s leading very-early-stage VC. We are offering a fantastic professional growth opportunity as a Community Coordinator (paid internship) for three to six months to support our Venture Development team at our Berlin office who can join us as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin and backed by Axel Springer and Porsche, we invest in the most ambitious pre-seed startups from Europe and beyond – often as their first investor – and support the startups’ on our shared journey until their successful exits.
We are looking for a Community Coordinator to join our Venture Development team. The VD team works closely with founders of our portfolio and helps them grow, generate momentum in the market, and prepare them for their next investment round. To reach this objective, APX supports startups with topic-specific venture support, weekly strategic check-ins, pitch coaching, personalized mentoring, as well as numerous practical workshops. On top of that, we provide founders with immediate, exclusive access to the networks of both Axel Springer and Porsche and to our extended, global business and investor network.
Startups have the opportunity to work on investor readiness dimensions which include all aspects of starting a successful venture capital-funded company, including vision, product roadmap, users and customers, sales and marketing, financial model and team.
What you’ll be working on
As a Community Coordinator, you will support our Venture Development team by working hands-on with all team members, supporting our portfolio founders, while also strengthening the APX community. Additionally, you will have a key responsibility in managing and curating our digital network – APX.network – tailored at connecting stakeholders as well as sharing relevant content.
Your Tasks include
- Establish and execute new processes which allow our community to scale faster, both digitally and in our office;
- Plan and organize workshops/office hours for mentors and startups;
- Growth-hack and curate our new community platform and increase its exposure for all stakeholders;
- Identify, unlock and develop relevant new content, driving community engagement;
- Conduct proactive market research in startup trends;
- Facilitate peer-to-peer interactions and manage our network of extended APX ambassadors and partners;
- General support of Venture Development sessions.
Who we’re looking for
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive “can-do” attitude;
- An open-minded, curious and hands-on mentality;
- Understanding of communities and key engagement tools;
- Structured way of working and navigating smartly through projects and processes in a dynamic environment;
- Self-reflective and able to continuously challenge and improve methods and implement effective learning loops;
- Work experience as a startup founder, core employee of a startup or as an investor is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English. Any additional EU language is beneficial.
We encourage smart, fast learners that have excelled in business or academia before (independently of their academic background) to apply.
What we offer
- Gain ownership of an integral part of APX operations as a key member of a high-performance team;
- Exploit substantial creative freedom to carry out smart ideas and implement new processes;
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues in one of Europe’s leading early-stage investors;
- Potential opportunity to work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location;
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology;
- Build and engage with a comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, shareholders, mentors, and experts.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
Join us on our mission to become Europe’s most active very-early-stage VC investing in pre-seed startups who aspire to establish a global footprint. We want to be the first investor in the tech unicorns of the 2020s coming out of Europe while building a better future for its startup ecosystem together with a global network of co-investors.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV and a few words about yourself and why you would like to work with us: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!