APX is Europe’s leading earliest-stage VC. We are offering a fantastic professional growth opportunity as a Business Development Analyst (working student) to support our Venture Development team. The position is for a minimum of 6 months with the option to stay long term, and can be either remote within Germany or at our Berlin office. The ideal candidate can join us as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin and backed by Axel Springer and Porsche, we invest in the most ambitious pre-seed startups from Europe and beyond – often as their first investor – and support the startups’ on our shared journey until their successful exits.
As part of the Venture Development (VD) team, the Business Development Analyst will support the strategic partnerships and growth manager. The VD team works closely with founders of our portfolio and helps them grow, generate momentum in the market, prepare them for their next investment round and develop their go-to-market strategy. To reach this objective, APX supports startups with topic-specific venture support, weekly strategic check-ins, pitch coaching, personalized mentoring, as well as numerous practical workshops. On top of that, we provide founders with immediate, exclusive access to the networks of both Axel Springer and Porsche and our extended, global business and investor network.
Partnerships and growth are key elements in the VD team, and we devote a substantial portion of our time to working with our portfolio companies and developing strategic partnerships with multipliers to enhance the scalability of our B2B startups.
We strive to bring founders closer to customers and industry experts by facilitating business connections through cold calls, corporate innovation programs, business events, workshops etc.
What you’ll be working on
We are looking for a candidate who is motivated and eager to further develop skills in strategic thinking and business development. We require a candidate who speaks German (as a native language) and English. This is NOT an investment role.
As a Business Development Analyst, you will contribute to the overall strategy, vision, and execution of APX’s strategic partnership and business development initiatives.
In addition to nurturing our corporate, Mittelstand, and industry networks, our ideal candidate enjoys working hands-on with early stage startups, leveraging existing partnerships, and maximizing their potential to generate significant business for our portfolio companies.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ideate, build, and scale digital products relating to the internal platform we built for our startups, called the APX network.
- Analyzing potential business opportunities, partners, and companies, and extracting actionable insights from a large database to support the growth of our B2B portfolio companies.
- Outreach to SMEs and corporates to find the first clients and pilots for our startups
- Engage our partners and their contacts in our portfolio companies through creating content and other assets that promote business growth for APX
- Manage a variety of sales automation and online prospecting tools
- Support in administrative tasks such as operations, outreach, administration, scheduling, calendar, and event planning
Who we’re looking for
- Analytical and detail-oriented mindset: Collecting and analyzing data, developing methodological work processes, breaking large projects into smaller milestones and executing them A-Z.
- Experience in turning manual processes into digital products and capable of helping us achieve both short and long-term goals for product growth.
- Enthusiastic about all aspects of B2B lead generation, including outbound email template creation, marketing tools, cold calling, workshops and events.
- Maintain priorities and juggle between projects with a variety of technologies, markets, industries, problems, requirements, etc, across different tasks and have the initiative to improve ideas and processes.
- Excellent communication skills: you will be required to cold call, represent APX, and present your ideas to our multinational team of German and English speakers (both languages are required).
- Own a can-do attitude and take initiative without fear of rejection, able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, also in remote work environments
- Willingness to start early as possible and ready to commit to at least 6 months.
We encourage fast learners who have excelled in business or academia before (independent of their academic background) to apply.
What we offer
- Gain ownership of an integral part of APX operations as a key member of a high-performance team;
- Exploit substantial creative freedom to carry out novel ideas and implement new processes;
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international and diverse team in one of Europe’s leading early-stage investors;
- Potential opportunity to work from a high-energy, fast-paced office location in the heart of Berlin;
- Connect and collaborate directly with hungry founders at the forefront of technology;
- Build your own network by engaging with our comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, shareholders, mentors, and experts.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire to. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
Join us on our mission to become Europe’s most active earliest-stage VC investing in pre-seed startups who aspire to establish a global footprint. We want to be the first investor in the tech unicorns of the 2020s coming out of Europe while building a better future for its startup ecosystem together with a global network of co-investors.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV and a few words about yourself and why you would like to work with us: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!